Sunday, April 10, 2016

My son is very awkward and shy. How can I change that?


My wife bought my son a kindle a few years ago, and he's always reading it. When he has the time, he will lay on the sofa and read for 3 or 4 hours. He takes his kindle to school, too. During the parent teacher conferences, his teachers said he usually eats lunch with his girlfriend, but they don't really talk. They just eat and read. He doesn't have any friends, just a girlfriend. They like to go to bookstores together to shop for books and read in the bookstore cafe. When she comes over, they don't really talk. They just hold hands or cuddle while they read. Sometimes they nuzzle each other or kiss when they think we're not looking. But they're just really awkward and never really say much. We've had dinner with her and she's extremely quiet and shy. They didn't really talk during the dinner, either. They just looked at each other shyly. I don't mean to insult him, I love my son. But I don't think he'll be able to survive in college or in the world. What can I do?

Read more: My son is very awkward and shy. How can I change that?