Sunday, April 10, 2016

Can you be traumatized at 14 years old by first love?


I'm 22. At 14 I met my first boyfriend and thought he was everything. He was the bad boy type I was after. He smoked weed, drank, drove fast cars, etc. He was also older. All he wanted was sex, and when he found someone who would give it up, he dumped me.

I was devastated. At 14 that was a big blue, like my world feel apart.

At 17 years old he came back in my life, I cheated on my bf at the time just to re kindle things with him. What a mistake. I snuck off to his house for weeks on end. He worked all day long and he would come home and force me to have sex with him, didn't care how much I fought him. After, he would force me to smoke weed and tell me how much better I was than that other girl because I let him get away with stuff. He picked at my body by telling me I was fat or my boobs were small.etc

He ended up cheating on me and leaving me again.

Since, I've suffered from anxiety. I no longer am able to trust any person that comes into my life and I sabotage every relationship I have.

Is it possible this has caused trauma?

Read more: Can you be traumatized at 14 years old by first love?