Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How to get rid of tiny little bugs/gnats out of my phalaenopsis orchid soil?

I have a phalaenopsis orchid, and right now it’s not blooming, the stem is regrowing and i have a new leaf growing in between my two full grown leaves.

I just repotted it like a month ago with Miracle-Gro® Orchid Potting Mix - Coarse Blend, and I just noticed like 3-4 days ago, I was getting these tiny little gnats in my room.

And I figured it was from my window being opened and they’re just slipping through the holes, because they’re that tiny.

WELL, the other day I noticed that there were a bunch of these little gnats/tiny *** bugs all through (well not all through but there’s a good bit) my orchids soil.

What and how can i do to get rid of these f-ers?! They’re driving me nuts at night whenever my lights are out and the light from my kindle is the only thing they can find. Plus it’s just really freaking gross.


Read more: How to get rid of tiny little bugs/gnats out of my phalaenopsis orchid soil?