Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Why can't I read/sync non-Amazon-bought ebooks on the kindle app for mac?

I used the Caliber software to convert my entire DRM-free, public access ebook library to a format (Mobi) that is compatible with the Amazon Kindle and then successfuly uploaded it to my Kindle Personal Library.

Now I can read all my ebooks without difficulty on my Kindle device, BUT NOT ON THE KINDLE FOR MAC APP.

To put it another way: while my entire ebook library (Amazon-bought or not) is available on the Kindle device, the CALIBER-CONVERTED EBOOKS (.mobi) are NOT READABLE OR SYNCHRONIZABLE on the KINDLE FOR MAC app

Is this a restriction placed by Amazon or a configuration problem? I couldn't find anything on the config menus. Is there a workaround? All I want is to synchronyze all of my ebook reading on Kindle, Mac and Ipad.

Read more: Why can't I read/sync non-Amazon-bought ebooks on the kindle app for mac?