Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Why can I not connect to internet on certain devices?

I have an ASUS rt-n56u router set up on my home network. I have 2 PC's, 1 laptop, TV, PS3, PS4, Satellite receiver, 2 Kindles, plus my smartphone and my wife's smartphone that use the router to share our internet connection.

When it comes to the PC's and the laptop, I have 0 issues with connecting to the internet. But usually, after a few hours of use, any one of the other devices that tries to connect to the internet, wont have access. They will be connected to the router, but they will not have an internet connection. It ONLY happens with my non PC devices.

If I reset the router (unplug for 10 seconds), once it re-initializes, my devices are able to then connect to the internet again.

I have checked to see if there is a limited number of simultaneous connections or a timeout of sorts in the router settings, but I haven't found anything as of yet.

Anyone else have some recommendations?

Read more: Why can I not connect to internet on certain devices?