Friday, November 9, 2018

Could my Amazon Kindle have a hardware problem or software problem?

Okay, so I have a 3rd gen Amazon Kindle black & white version that when on a full charge won't turn back on when the screensaver activates and says the battery is dead when I try to wake it from the screensaver screen that shows up after not using it for 10mins after just taking it off a full charge with the solid green light. It does this every single time, once it gets to screensaver and I try to wake it, it will say my battery is dead. However, after I diabled my Kindle's screensaver from turning on by itself after not touching it for 10 mins I noticed I can use it for 4 hours or longer. It seems that once the screensaver activates it just says my battery is dead even though it's not. What could cause this problem? I thought it might of been software related, so I installed all necessary updates from Amazon, that did not work. So then I wiped it completely, restored everything to factory defaults, and again installed updates from Amazon. But this problem still continues. Why might this be? I'm so confused if this is a hardware problem or software problem.

Read more: Could my Amazon Kindle have a hardware problem or software problem?