Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Is this paragraph too long?


Most of my memories of my grandparents are vague. I did not visit them often because of where they lived. When I was little I was shy of them so I did not learn much about them until the twilight of their days. My Grandfather Frank was a military policeman in his youth, and he had a passion for collecting coins. I did not know of any of his other careers besides military policeman. His interest in coin collecting helped kindle my interest in coin collecting. I thought the differences in his pictures from his youth were very different from how he looked. I do recall seeing a picture of him as a military policeman; straight posture, tall, and a full head of hair. Age, I guess though had done its toll on his body. He was more portly looking and shorter and he had considerably less hair. I do remember him showing me his coin collection and my fascination with it. I also remember him chiding my brothers and me for playing on his treadmill. My Grandmother Rose was a dietitian. I have only seen one picture of her in her youth and she shares a striking resemblance with my Cousin Krystal and my Aunt Dorothy in her youth. Not only was my Grandmother Rose a Dietitian but also a devout Christian, there was no doubt about that, she had paintings of Jesus in her house and crosses almost everywhere you looked. (I am in ninth grade and open to criticism.)

Read more: Is this paragraph too long?