Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Steps to get harassment charges dropped?


Okay so, In may, 2015 me and my girlfriend at the time had a bad break up, and her parents told me not to contact her again, and she will not contact me. Well, she decided to text me off her kindle off a app a month later, and I replied, talked for a few days and she was VERY engaged in the convo.

Then, her step-dad messages me from her account and says to not talk to her again. The next day they file harassment charges, with B.S claims. Saying they never wanted me and her together (we dated for a year, and i was at their house every weekend) and that their daughter had no intentions to talk to me.

I get arrested, then I hire a attorney to protect me. (p.s. Im 18, and shes 16. We ve known each other for years, got together when i was 17 and she was 15.) I tell my attorney everything, show him all the proof, and he says this is nothing but drama and should be ended.

He since has talked to the district attorney, and each time he reaches out to her, she says the case hasn t been filed. Is this good or bad that its taking a while? The charges were placed on June 30th, 2015. Only reason im wondering is because ive been trying to join the army since April.
Added (1). Also, how long should this take before its resolved, and how long till the sheriffs office has to file the case, if they decide to

Read more: Steps to get harassment charges dropped?