Saturday, July 11, 2015

I'm freaking out about getting into a good college?


Hello. I'm a 16 year old male, and I'm ridiculously stressed about getting into a good college. I feel so stupid and inadequate. My family's Indian, so I have a lot of pressure, and my mom mentioned that she would have failed as a parent if I don't make it into an Ivy League school. Here are my accomplishment:
SAT:2280
SAT 2: 800 on Math Level 2, 760 on US History
AP Tests: 5 on Calc BC, APUSH, and Lang, 4 on Psych
GPA: 4.4
Extra-curriculars:
-I invest in stocks
-I've sold stock articles to the popular investing news site SeekingAlpha.com, and I'm the only minor to do so. I get at least $35 per article.
-I have apps on the app store that run ads, with more apps on the way
-I am the founder/president of a club at school that's the only club or class that offers students the opportunity to be part of The Stock Market Game, a national competition
-I was one of 3 people chosen by my school last year to attend the HOBY leadership seminar for 3 days
-I participated in a internship program at Wadell&Reed, a financial advisory firm, and I was the only non-college kid there
-I wrote an e-book called The Stoic Investor about how the ancient Greek philosophy of Stoicism can be used to make better investing decisions. It's on the Kindle Store.

I feel dumb. I have no sport. I tried to get on my school's tennis team, but they're literally #1 in the season and was cut during the last try out.

Is what I've done any good? For a top-tier school like Dartmouth or Cornell?
Added (1). I'm not fishing for compliments or anything. I just want honesty. Thanks so much!
Added (2). Oh, and I forgot to add one thing:

-I was accepted into Brown University's online course about entrepreneurship and bringing ideas to market.
-And I took a course on Game Theory two years ago from the University of Munich and passed with distinction.

Read more: I'm freaking out about getting into a good college?