Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Do I need to drop charter's Wifi service?

I get 100 mpbs from Charter and lately I have been noticing lag on Xbox. I also notice that sometimes I have to reconnect my PC to the internet because it will be very slow.My Roku and my Kindle Fire also need to sometimes reconnect to our internet. Charter stopped officially supporting Wifi a few months ago but they said that they would still support anyone who already has it.My question is, should I cancel Charter's Wifi service and just get my own router? Do you think this is a Wifi issue or is it an internet issue different from Wifi? And if I do end up needing to get my own router, what can I get for under $80? I don't need a super mega humper 9 million mbps or anything, I need something for 100 mbps for a regular 2 story house that can support 2 wired connections. I don't need a gaming one. I do gaming but honestly I think the ones that are made for gaming are kind of too expensive considering that I got by with 15 mbps and a G router when I had an apartment and I never had an issue.

См. статью: Do I need to drop charter's Wifi service?