Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I think my daughter reads too much? - 1


My 16 year old daughter is a huge bookworm. We got her a Kindle for her birthday and she loves the thing to death. She reads for pleasure as soon as she's done with her homework, and she always stays up reading late at night. She spends all weekend lounging on the sofa in her bra and panties reading her Kindle. She usually spends about 8 hours reading on Saturday and 4 or Sunday. She spends most of her summer reading whatever book she can get her hands on. She reads for 8 or 9 hours a day during the summer. Sometimes if the book she's reading is very suspenseful, she reads while she walks around the house, while she eats, and while she brushes her teeth. I think she's reading too much. She only has 2 friends and she never does anything with them. She's never even had a boyfriend. Whenever I try to get her to do chores or something, she always says something like: just let me finish the chapter, mom! Is she reading too much or should I just leave her be?

Read more: I think my daughter reads too much? - 1