Monday, November 24, 2014

Is a Kindle a good present for someone going into the Navy?

My boyfriend is going into the Navy and, after basic, will be shipping out some time in July. For Christmas, I wanted to get him something he could like and something that would be useful to him while he's away. He loves to read, so I was thinking of investing in a Kindle for him because I love my Paperwhite quite a lot and it's come in handy.

I know there is more than likely not recreationally accessible Wi-Fi aboard the ship and 3G likely as not will not be useful out at sea, but I suppose I was wondering for those who would know much more than I would on the subject if this is a good gift idea? Any information is helpful, even if it's a comparison between the Paperwhite and the Voyage (which caught my attention mainly because of the name).

Thanks!

Read more: Is a Kindle a good present for someone going into the Navy?