Saturday, November 22, 2014

Is the Kindle Fire HDX 7 bigger than A3 paper?

I mean just the screen, not the whole thing.

I did some research and I found out that the Kindle (Fire HDX 7)'s screen is 1920 pixels in height and 1200 pixels in width, then I went to a few converter websites and they all gave me the same answer. 1920 Pixels = 50,80cm and 1200 Pixels = 31,75cm.

Then I went and searched how big a page of A3 paper is, and it's 42.0cm in height and 29.7cm in width, so I was like WTF? How can the kindle be bigger than A3 paper when my Laptop screen is 1366 x 768 pixels and it's way smaller than A3 paper.

P.S. I also checked the resolution of my mum's tablet which is a Hudl 2, and guess what I found out, it's the same resolution as the Kindle HDX 7, yet that thing is fricking tiny! Like wtf?

P.P.S. I know that the "7" in the name means that it's 7 inches. But still, why are all the pixel to centimeter converters telling me it's 31,75cm by 50,80cm?

Can someone please explain this to me, I'm literally ripping my head over this. It's like trying to understand the Matrix.

Thanks in advance. :)

Read more: Is the Kindle Fire HDX 7 bigger than A3 paper?