Sunday, September 21, 2014

Can you have two routers with 2 isps?

Currently we're on sky but the download speed is 0.38 mbps, and due to a binding contract, we cannot cancel the broadband subscription with sky without paying a massive cancellation fee!
My friend has virgin media and her download speed is quite fast, for example she downloaded saints row the third, 6gb, to her xbox in 20 minutes via ethernet. I started to download mass effect for my ps3 yesterday (11gb), and 15 hours later it's on 45% with 1062 minutes remaining (also on ethernet).
Anyway the only work around I can think of is stay with sky but also have a contract with virgin and have another router, but I have no idea if that's possible?

Ps I also need the internet for a level but the range fluctuates, so one day my pc (in my room) is in range, the next I could be sitting on the router with my kindle and still not be in range.

Read more: Can you have two routers with 2 isps?