Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How to paint/re-color a kindle paperwhite besides using decals?

I have the most recent kindle paperwhite, and I love it; it's functionality is perfect, the size and weight are great, but I feel that the black border around the screen is more distracting to me than if it were white, and have partially remedied this with a white decal around the screen. The decals don't reach from screen edge to device edge, and the remaining edges are what I'd really like to fix. Is it safe to paint the casing of the device (without affecting functionality) with spray paint? Or another type of paint? Are there any other ways to recolor it, kind of like Colorware and iPhones?

I feel like this should have an obvious answer, but I haven't found anything that can confirm whether it's a reasonable idea or not.

Read more: How to paint/re-color a kindle paperwhite besides using decals?