Saturday, August 9, 2014

Anyone have any ideas to help my screaming autistic son?

I have a non verbal son with autism. He mainly just watched movies or play games or puzzles on his kindle. I always try to take him outside and he will go down the slide or go for a walk sometimes without screaming. He does like to go swimming but we have to drive to get to a pool and every time we go somewhere he screams! An ear piercing scream too! He does it constantly in the car, when before he liked car rides. But he does it at home too, just not as much as in a car. He screams at school a lot too. I'd say he probably screams anywhere from 50 to 75 times a day, if it's a really bad day. It's not long drawn out screams, but short loud screams. Everyone says it will get better. HE IS 11 Years Old.it's not getting better! I get so stressed and I'm sure he is too, but I don't know what to do anymore! He was on a gfcf diet before but would hardly eat anything, of course he only eats a few things now. It's hard to exactly pinpoint the reason why he screams. I think when he does it in the car it's because he would rather sit at home but I want him to get out and do things! Plus I have other kids and we have places that we need to go to. I'm at a real loss. Any ideas would be very helpful! Thanks!

Read more: Anyone have any ideas to help my screaming autistic son?