Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Why isn't he interested in Courtship and Marriage?

Okay me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year now. I asked him if he wanted to enter courtship before I start college. I want to know if he has a real interest in marriage or if he's just dating around to see what he likes -- I don't have time for that. College is where you meet new people and kindle relationships, some people come out getting married. I don't want to miss my potential husband because I'm waiting around for someone that still just wants to date around. So I asked him if he wanted to enter courtship… He said **** no at first and I asked him why not? He said not yet. I'm not ready to get tied down. He's 21, I'm 18… I'm not saying he should be tied down now, but it's like dude, in the next 3 - 5 years you would have started your career… What man has time for parties? You would be working. Is it that he doesn't want to marry me? Or is he just not ready? I just want to know if he's in it for marriage or not because everytime I ask, he's so opposed to it, like he even has said he wants to be one of those couples who just date for years and never get married. I'm not into that stuff, my culture isn't into that stuff… And i'm not trying to force my culture into him. Im just wondering if he's worth it or not. I'm African/Brazillian/American and he's Hispanic/latino… Is this just a part of his culture? Or is it a personal thing?

Read more: Why isn't he interested in Courtship and Marriage?