Friday, June 6, 2014

How to transfer ebooks from my pc to kindle?

I have recently been given a kindle 4 which is empty of contents, there was no USB cable with it so I'm using one I already have, In my PC I have a couple of ebooks I downloaded from a free ebook site in PDF format, I have tried the suggested ways of transferring the files using drop and drag finding the kindle device on my PC and then dropping the items into the kindle, when I access the kindle on my PC it says they are there, but when I switch on the kindle the device is still empty. When I connect the two together via the USB cable I get a message on the kindle saying '' if you want to read or shop on your kindle while continuing to charge over USB, please keep the USB cable attached, but eject your kindle from your computer '' but I'm not trying to charge, could the problem be that the USB cable I am using is not the right one, I always thought USB cables were standard, I have tried several times but all to no avail.

Read more: How to transfer ebooks from my pc to kindle?