Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is there a noticeable difference between a Windows phone and an Android phone?

I know this will make me sound completely technology inept and I pretty much am. I need to replace my old HTC Inspire that had a 2.3 (?) Android operating system but the newer versions are so expensive.

I won't be using it as a phone--more of a tablet that can fit in my pocket, I suppose. All I used my other phone for was like the Kindle app, listening to music I put on there, watching Youtube videos, checking my email, using a free texting app, or using the internet. I took the SIM card out of it because I've got another actual phone-phone.

My phone was great up until I washed it in the washing machine. I wish I could find something like it again but I wanted a more current system if I'm going to get a new one. The only thing that concerns me is I'm never able to use the Google Play store. I had to download apps from the store that came installed on that phone and I have no idea what the store even is…

That's why I'm kind of hoping maybe someone can give me any suggestions? I don't really want to spend more than maybe $70-$80 on it and it can be used from eBay or something as long as it works.

I found a Pantech with a 2.3 operating system on Amazon for $58, but it really wouldn't be much of an upgrade from my phone.
http://www.amazon.com/Pantech-P9060-Unlock

And then there's the Nokia Lumia Windows phone
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-Pro-Unlocked-Windows/dp/B004LRVNG8/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1400101770&sr=1-3&keywords=windows+phone
Added (1). I read a review on the Windows phone that said it comes with Microsoft Office. That would be a plus for me because I write a lot and it would be nice to be able to use some kind of word processing application…

Sorry for writing so much.
Added (2). This is the link to the Pantech… Sorry
http://www.amazon.com/Pantech-P9060-Unlocked-Touchscreen-integration/dp/B007INF67O/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Read more: Is there a noticeable difference between a Windows phone and an Android phone?