Saturday, February 22, 2014

Why are audio books so rediculously expensive?

I have travel anxiety that makes it difficult for me to go anywhere long distance. I have found that listening to audio books on my Kindle helps me feel less anxious during those long drives.

However I have run into a problem of sorts. Audio books are really expensive.

As an Example I can purchase a brand new softcover Stephen King book for $10 - $12 at Walmart. However if I shop online for the same Stephen King books in the audio book format the same titles run $30 - $35.

I've downloaded a few free audio books but so far they aren't that great and the affordable books in the $5 - $15 range are generally no name titles nobody has heard of.

Why are audio books so much more expensive than regular books?

I would think they would be the same price or even cheaper since there isn't the cost to manufacture and print actual books.

Читать далее: Why are audio books so rediculously expensive?