Thursday, April 18, 2013

Where should I start in The New 52?

I've read quite a few comics on and off occasionally, but now that I have a shiny new kindle and a little extra money, I think I'd like to jump into The New 52, specifically Batman and related characters like Nightwing, Batwoman and Red Robin (I'm also somewhat interested in the Super family).My question is where should I start? I looked it up on Amazon and there are three different Batman comic volumes starting at issue #1, and knowing how convoluted comics can get if you haven't kept yourself up to date on what's going on in their world at the time, I'd rather not jump into a volume where they reference recent events I have no clue about.

Also, is The New 52 really a place where new readers can jump on, or is DC just saying that? Are there going to be a bunch of references to events before The New 52, or are they really giving new readers a chance not to have their minds turned to soup by their usual convoluted storylines?

См. статью: Where should I start in The New 52?