Thursday, November 22, 2012

Which 7 Coby Kyros tablet to get?

I currently only own a PC. Never owned a smartphone, don't have a laptop, don't have a tablet. I want a cheap tablet that will be PRIMARILY for my almost 3 year old to play educational games on, and maybe also for me to check email or very light web browsing.

I was thinking of a Kindle Fire, but the Coby Kyros is 1/2 that cost, and sounds comparable in features and apps.So… which one to get? I have learned that it is very important to get capacitive, but there are still several models to choose from, and I'm worried I'll screw up and get the wrong one. Looking at these ones right now. The second one is $16 more… why is it $16 more? Does it have something really important that the others don't? The only difference I see is Android 2.3 instead of 4.0. Wouldn't 2.3 be worse than 4.0? And the product number is lower (7022 versus 7035) wouldn't that mean it is an older model, and if so, why does it cost more? Is the third one better because it is a 7036 and the top one 7035? They are the same price. The top one has 8gb serial ATA, the 3rd one only 4gb serial ATA. I don't know what that is, but I probably want more of it right?

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen Widescreen Internet Tablet, Black MID7035-4 $84

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 2.3 4 GB Internet Tablet with Capacitive Touchscreen - MID7022-4G (Black) by Coby $99 (why is it more???)

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen, Black MID7036-4 by Coby (Oct 5, 2012) ($84)

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen with Built-In Camera, Black MID7048-4 by Coby (Oct 9, 2012) ($93 - just cause it has a camera?)

If you have a better suggestion in this price range please let me know, but I am NOT going to get an Ipad!
Added (1). Yeah, cheap. Which is why I'm getting a Coby! It is better than a Leappad etc.because it has more diversity. This will be primarily a small childs toy.
>>> Which 7 Coby Kyros tablet to get?