Monday, October 15, 2012

How to replace MicroUSB port on Kindle Fire?

Recently I received a kindle fire tablet from a friend. He said that he never uses it anymore and gave it to me, and also told me that the charger fits loosely and I had to connect it at a weird angle in order to get the device to charge. (I had to bend it as far up as it can go) This frustrated me, it meant I couldn't use the kindle while it was charging and that I had to be careful not to nudge it while transferring files to it from my computer. Eventually I rooted the tablet and got the "Jandycane" Android 4.1.2 jellybean ROM installed on it.It drained the battery a little bit more than with the stock ROM but still has long battery life nonetheless.At this point in time the kindle charges only when it feels like it, now it doesn't charge at all, instead the kindle battery slowly drains even though it says its charging, I want to turn the damn thing off in order to charge without using power but the device is stubborn and kicks back on when the battery is only at 5% charge or less. I blame the Micro USB port because of the problems I had with it before.Is there a way to replace the port on the Kindle Fire, and if there is one may I have instructions on how to do so?
>>> How to replace MicroUSB port on Kindle Fire?