Thursday, May 19, 2016

If you deactivate an LG Android cellphone, can someone else reactivate the phone in their name?


My phone was stolen and I contacted Boost Mobile and had my phone deactivated. Now, I just hope the person who stole it is not able to reactivate it in their name or someone else's name. I hope it is now totally useless to anybody.
What will happen if they try to sell it at a pawn shop or something now?

I also had a Kindle Fire stolen. I contacted them and had the Kindle deactivated to. They said that they documented the serial number as Stolen and the device can't be reactivated by anybody except me. Also, if someone takes it to a store that sells them, they won't be able to do anything with it either.

Read more: If you deactivate an LG Android cellphone, can someone else reactivate the phone in their name?