Friday, January 15, 2016

Should I feel bad about buying books on kindle rather than buying a physical paper copy?


Honestly I love the feel of a book in my hand. I love how the book smells when I first open it up and how it feels in my hands when I'm turning the pages. But, I realized that many trees are cut and destroyed in order to make them precious items. I have an iPad mini 4 and so far I've purchased 5 or 6 books. I just feel sad with a metal device in my hands and I feel as if I've betrayed these books I love so much. But I also care about the environment and the impact of buying even a single book has on it. I'm by no means a "tree hugger" but I'm working towards it. I want to find different ways to minimize my impact on our earth. My question is should I feel better about buying things to read on a device rather than a physical book? Thank you.

Read more: Should I feel bad about buying books on kindle rather than buying a physical paper copy?