Thursday, November 26, 2015

Kindle Fire Experiencing Issues?


Earlier, I used my Kindle Fire for the first time in a while. When I wasn't looking, I noticed that my Kindle was suddenly in the middle of an update (I did not do this manually). Once it had finished, the device was showing the shimmering Kindle Fire screen. I waited for about ten minutes and it still wasn't turning on or responding to clicking the power button or touching the screen so I kept hold of the power button to turn the device off and turned it back on. When the device turned back on, I noticed that the WiFi option was greyed out and turned off and I could not turn it back on. Also, after a while, the Kindle randomly switches to the shimmering Kindle Fire screen again. Pressing the power button and touching the screen then do nothing and I have to keep hold of the power button to turn the device off, like before.

I have tried rebooting the device by holding the power button for 20 seconds and then turning the device back on. The Kindle continues to experience the issues shown above.

I would rather not have to factory reset the device as I have drawings that I don't yet have saved on other devices but if I must then I can try and transfer them before the device changes to the Kindle Fire screen again.

Read more: Kindle Fire Experiencing Issues?