Monday, September 21, 2015

Are my reservations about my fiance reasonable?


I have been dating my fiance for 4 years. We lived together for the first half of it, and during this time I truly did fall in love with him.

Two years into our relationship, we both became Christians and began attending church regularly. Eventually, we both felt guilty about living together, so he moved out. After he moved out, we began to drift apart.

Time went by, and eventually, we had nothing to talk about. Basically all we have in common is our memories from the "good days" early in our relationship.

About a year ago, I convinced myself that we shouldn't be together and that once I graduated college we would break up. Well then proposed [with the most beautiful ring]… And i said yes. Being engaged re-kindled our relationship to some extent. I think the biggest issue is that he wants us to exclusively belong to this particular church, that I have serious reservations about. He even wants to attend a 2 year bible training that I am not interested in after we are married.

Some days It is so clear I shouldn't be with him, and others I couldn't imagine not having him. I don't want to throw all this time down the drain or take the risk of ending up alone for the rest of my life. He truly is a great guy, and I know he would never hurt me. But on the other had I don't want to make a huge mistake. I feel that I am not seeing my situation clearly.

Am I being too picky? Are these issues a deal breaker for a happy marriage?
Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate you!

Read more: Are my reservations about my fiance reasonable?