Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Multiple Opinions on Insomnia?

I am 13 years old. Ever since I was 7, I have had sleep anxiety and insomnia. I am a picky sleeper. I have tried everything from warm milk, to reading, to melatonin, to chamomile tea. Melatonin (5mg, adult) usually works for me. No less than than 5mg, because even at 5 it's still not an easy task. But when I take melatonin, I have noticed that I wake up later, and are more groggy and tired in the morning. I have tried to kick this habit. Warm milk and tea make me panic and get jumpy. I can't read books at night because words on a page stress me out (this is another problem) so I read on a phone, or a Kindle. I have seen doctors apon doctors, and they all keep telling me the same things. They know about all these problems, honestly we have been trying to solve them for so long. When I go to sleep at night, the second I lie down, I have anxiety. I'm pretty sure it can also be called night terrors. I have always had bad phobias, and unfortunately the dark is one of them. When I started the 7th grade, I began sleeping in lower light. I started to have more and more anxiety attacks, and became distant at school and around my friends. I have tried excersize, yoga, not eating sugar for days, and no phones or computers. I have to get up at 5 30 in the morning for school, and I can see this anxiety/insomnia becoming a problem. (I don't need a lecture about any of this either. I'm quite sick of hearing the same things.) Dad says I just don't need sleep, but I can get tired… Help?

Read more: Multiple Opinions on Insomnia?