Thursday, September 11, 2014

Books to recommend? I haven't read a book for so long I now feel disgusted with myself?

Last time I read a book was last year in June, which was Fight Club and The Catcher in the Rye, and thats because I was on holiday! I really want to go back to reading now. It's near to the end summer holidays and I'm going back to Uni and I just want to change myself now. I feel like I wasted a lot of time by working, going out drinking and taking drugs a bit, but I now want to crack down with work and do well. I want to go back reading! I liked books like No Country For Old Men, The Road, Fight Club, The Catcher in the Rye (is my favourite one), and many more but I would like some to recommend so I can read it on my Kindle. I feel like I'm losing my vocabulary so I really want to improve that now. I'm 19 and I don't feel intelligent anymore like I don't know whats happening in the world now, I don't read any books and I feel like I feel like I'm losing my grasp of the English language! I no longer feel like I have the ability to write above the first grade level, I constantly rethink phrases I use and wonder if they are actual phrases or if I just made them up. The same thing happens with words, I feel like my vocabulary has shrunk significantly. Basically, I will just like some advise how to improve myself from starting to read - some easy and interesting books for now and then I will try and improve. Also, I want to start knowing whats happening in the world like with Russia and Ukraine, , etc. Is there any good articles for young people to read to know whats happening.

Read more: Books to recommend? I haven't read a book for so long I now feel disgusted with myself?