Monday, July 28, 2014

What is best: Audiobook and Books?

Hello,

I am looking for an unbiased look or maybe comparison on which is best between listening to an Audiobook and reading the book itself.

I've listened to part of an Audiobook as I mostly do this while running but I have found myself at night beginning to make time to relax in bed and continue to listen to more of the story. These are often epic fantasy; A Song of Ice and Fire, and The Stormlight Archive.

What I would like to know is - which would be best to use? Should I continue with Audiobooks or should I begin to read actual books. The main thing that is stopping me from starting books is that I am worried that I will have difficulty building characters in my head whereas with the Audiobook the reader would do that for me with different voices.

If you do suggest reading a book instead, is it better to read the book or use a Kindle or any other electronic reading tool. I spend long hours on a computer each day and by the time I get tired I find it difficult to focus fully on text on the screen. My screen position isn't the greatest for reading text.

What are your experiences with the aforementioned scenarios?

Please remember to keep your answers unbiased rather than purely suggesting books because it is referred to as better and that has been drilled into you over the years.

Thank you.

Read more: What is best: Audiobook and Books?