Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Should I re-connect with my ex?

He was my first boyfriend and pretty much only friend through 11th grade after I switched from private to public schools. We dated for about a year, broke up twice, and when the relationship finally did end, it wasn't really on a good terms. He wanted to remain friends, but I was heartbroken and wouldn't talk to him at all.

Looking back on everything that happened after about 3 years, I feel like I can understand his actions a lot better than I did at the time, and I feel like I have finally come to terms with how things went and am considering contacting him to get back in touch. I am not trying to re-kindle any kind of romance, I have a boyfriend and I am happy with him. I just want to talk to my ex to let him know that I am fine with how things went between us and that I am willing to re-connect and/or become friends again if he would like to. Right now he is in the Navy overseas, so there is no danger in seeing him even if I do talk to him.

I can't decide whether or not this is a good idea, and would really appreciate some outside perspective on it. I know it is a long time to wait before getting back in touch with someone, but is there anything wrong with that?

Read more: Should I re-connect with my ex?