Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My USB port will not recognize my driver?

I have an ASUS g74sx and recently I had to have the computer completely erased and restored. After the wipe, I called ASUS and received the information on how/where to download the drivers/updates. After completing this, I restarted the system and tried to use my mouse. Odd thing was that the ports recognized my ipod, kindle, and phone, but not the charger. I was a little perplexed because the charger was receiving power and I had just purchased microsoft driver update/installer software to wnsure everything was up-to-date and running proper. It turns out, the driver is installed correctly and everything is fine, but the mice I cycled between (3) still were not recognized as even being plugged in. I have checked troubleshooting option under Control Panel as well as read everything possible on the subject matter and would appreciate it if someone could show me the way.

Read more: My USB port will not recognize my driver?