Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Is my internet speed fast?

Hey, I was wondering, my friends seem to think I have a quick internet. I have a feeling it is just because I seem to live in a better environment than them. I have an Actiontec MI424 WR Rev.E router which is my original FIOS router. Mainly the only things constantly using the internet is my iPhone 5S, Computer and my mothers Kindle Fire HD. I have just used Ookla Speed Test on my computer and according to Ookla my download speed is 58.44 megabytes per second and my upload speed is 39.06 megabytes per second. My computer is connected to my router/modem (dual) with an Ethernet cable if you were wondering yet I also connected it via WiFi at the same time. My ping is 17 ms. To put things into perspective, my iPhone 5S with 4G LTE ran at 40.39 megabytes per second download speed and 14.49 megabytes per second upload speed. It seems fast but I just need to know why it is faster than most of my friends. Anyways, thanks for the help!

Read more: Is my internet speed fast?