Monday, July 28, 2014

Can I control what books my child downloads on google play or Kindle?

I used to have zoodles on her tablet but I removed it so that she can download games. She likes to read and has been reading on kindle and playbooks but I don't like that she has access to all books for sale. I would be very upset to find that she'd somehow downloaded erotica or something extremely violent. I've tried setting a pin in Google play for purchases, but it only asks for the pin for PAID purchases, not all. I've tried (on my cell) restricting downloadable content that's rated for everybody, but it must not apply to books because it still let me download an erotica book.

She's eight years old, but reads well above her grade level so I hate to restrict her to childrens books that are available in children's apps, plus she likes being able to download games on google play as she pleases.

Is there a way around this with either Playbooks of Kindle that I can restrict the content that she reads?

Read more: Can I control what books my child downloads on google play or Kindle?