Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Book recommendations for a teen girl?

I'm going on a trip to Europe soon, so I'm getting some new kindle books to read while there. Any recommendations? I'm a teenage girl, but a lot of my favorite books are adult books, and I wouldn't touch most stereotypical 'teen girl' books with a ten foot pole. I don't mind romance, but I don't like books where romance is the whole plot. I heavily lean towards sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural, but occasionally realistic fiction is okay.
My favorite books are: the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld, the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, the Riyria Revelations by Michael Sullivan, the Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon, and the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, and the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Things that annoy me in books: -books with a cast of all girls -books with heroins like Maximum Ride, Cammy Morgan, or Clary Fray (AKA whinny and bitchy yet all the other characters still love them for some reason.) I like books with good writing, but good characters trumps all.
Added (1). On the subject of Maximum Ride, Cammy Morgan, and Clary Fray: I know a lot of people like them, but I personally really don't. Sorry if I offended you by saying so, but I needed examples to make a point of my book pet peeves.

Read more: Book recommendations for a teen girl?