Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What is the best audiobook player for the elderly?

My grandmother loves her audio books, but she has recently run into a problem.

My cousin convinced her to go out and buy and ipad and a mac to go with it. I said that's not a good idea because she's so use to PC, but my cousin was relentless. Our grandmother is so use to using CD's she can't grasp using her new Ipad. Now she's getting rid of her Ipad out of frustration, and doesn't even want to look at it.

The other problem is that our grandmother is loosing her sight and both my cousin and myself live across the country. I feel terrible for her because he spent all this money on a new ipad, a new computer and an audible.com account she can't use. I was thinking of buying her something simpler myself for her.

So now what? I have a kindle fire HD, and I love it, but I don't know if that would be any easier for her to use. I noticed It's directly connected to amazon and audible.com so no need for installing anything. But other than that I don't know if that is easier than what ipad does or not. MP3 players still rely on sight, have small buttons and need to be loaded from the computer.
Help please?

Read more: What is the best audiobook player for the elderly?