Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Should I write music I want to write, or the type of music I feel?

Ok I know this is kind of a ridiculous question but im at a crossroad when it comes to me and my style of music.

I want a much heavier sound to my music. Heavy guitars, loud drums, and deep vocals. Even though this is what I want, I find that the music style I "feel" is much different.

When I sit down to play the guitar and start singing, a much lighter style of music is generated. The guitar is still heavy and the drums are still loud, but the music is very uplifting. Almost like an "epic" and once I start playing this style, I cant stop!

But I still want a heavier sound. Any suggestions? Do I play what I want or what I feel? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Read more: Should I write music I want to write, or the type of music I feel?