Friday, June 27, 2014

My 5 way controller kindle is stuck updating?

I have a five-way controller Kindle, and yesterday afternoon it started doing something strange. It turned to the tree screen with a bar beneath that began filling like a loading bar. I assumed it was an automatic update, as I had done nothing to instigate it and the screen itself says nothing either. The problem is that it is stuck on this screen! The bar always fills up halfway before stopping, the screen flashing, and then the bar restarts filling. I've tried hooking it up to the computer, but the computer didn't recognize it. Pressing the power button simply makes the bar start over, and holding it down does nothing. I've pressed all the buttons in turn and they have no effect. I've even let it run out of batteries in hopes of shocking it out of its condition, but when I plugged it back in, it went straight back to the tree screen, and the bar began filling. Is there a combination of buttons I can press to restart it, or force quit, or something? Because I'm completely lost.

Read more: My 5 way controller kindle is stuck updating?