Monday, June 30, 2014

I can't set the price for my Kindle book. What am I doing wrong?

I got a book ready for Kindle and now I just have to set up my pricing. I set it for worldwide distribution and 70% royalties, set it at $1.99 and accept the terms. However, for some reason it keeps telling me to set the royalties. "Please provide a royalty plan." is what it tells me even though I did put in a price in. No matter what price or either royalty plan, it keeps telling me that. Strangest of all is that if I leave it blank and save as a draft, it tells me that my information is saved, yet putting a number in the price gets the same error. I don't even want to attempt to submit it with a blank spot for fear that I can't go back and edit it.

I looked at the documentation and I tried putting it for $2.99 at 70% as it appears to be the minimum, but still get the error message.

Read more: I can't set the price for my Kindle book. What am I doing wrong?