Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flying for the first time on my own? Help?

Hi! I've flown about 3 or 4 times but always with my parents so I just followed and never paid attention to the actual process (oops). Now I am 22 and I am flying on my own - not internationally, just within the US - I have a non-stop flight.

I am flying back home, so the only "luggage" I'll have is a purse on my shoulders. I'll have a book, a kindle, a cell-phone, and a few shirts rolled up. No liquids or anything. I am going to print my ticket from my apartment before heading to the airport, so I will have my ticket, itinerary from EXPEDIA, and ID ready to go.

I am flying with United Airlines and I looked up the terminal on the site so I see where I need to go. There is a section labeled "Check in." Do I need to check in? What do I do there? Then do I just go through security and hang out until my flight? Thanks for your help

Read more: Flying for the first time on my own? Help?