Sunday, May 18, 2014

Why does my internet keep disconnecting whenever it is being used?

Whenever I use the Internet (Internet Explorer or Google Chrome), our internet randomly disconnects. This happens on average every 10 or so times anyone using our internet loads a new page. This happens on my phone, my sister's phone, my parents' phones, Kindle tablets, our laptop. Hell, even our smart T.V. Disconnects our internet when using things like Amazon or YouTube. It's almost as if someone unplugged the power for the router and plugged it back in. However, neither my X-Box 360 or my sister's will disconnect the internet in this way, even though we both have Live, and are always using it when we play X-Box.

Also, a year or two ago, a bad storm hit while we were away for a few days, and lightning struck in our neighbor's yard. It messed up some of their stuff, as well as our computer, printer, modem, and other appliances. We replaced the computer, printer, and modem, but we didn't replace the router because it was working fine, as it has been for the 5 or so years we have had it. I think that the router was damaged, but not destroyed, by the lightning, and is affecting our internet connection. It MAY be a problem with the modem or computer, but I am 99% certain it is the router. A 5 cookie reward is available for anyone with helpful information. Just kidding. No cookies:(

Read more: Why does my internet keep disconnecting whenever it is being used?