Friday, April 25, 2014

Is it ethical to talk about information in a book that hasn't been published yet?


I helped proofread a short religious paper written by a friend of mine and he is going to have it sell it through Kindle once he gets some details worked out. I am having a conversation with some people on a facebook group and we are talking about the very things my friend has written on. Naturally, my the views of my friend are going to be at the forefront of my mind since I just proofread his essay for him and he made some good points. Since the paper hasn't been published yet, would I be infringing on some sort of copyright law? I know my friend and he would never copyright his material, but I want to be a good friend and I don't want to share his ideas with other people from a yet-to-be published essay. I would feel safer if the essay were currently published, then I could just say "Read this man's article on the subject for more info."

Read more: Is it ethical to talk about information in a book that hasn't been published yet?