Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How does Facebook (on PC) know Kindle activity?

I am not logged into facebook on the kindle. I have logged in once or twice on Kindle - always log out.
I am logged into Amazon on PC & kindle.
My amazon email address is not one I use a lot on my pc (not auto logged in; not on smart phone)

This is the situation: surfed web yesterday on kindle for online shopping. Today many of the different companies I looked at yesterday are showing as suggestions with facebook ads. I'm sure they haven't before. Some of the companies I never heard of until yesterday when googling.

Is it because of the home ip address was used for surfing on kindle and accessing fb?

Added (1). How is it the cookies when it's on two different devices?

Added (2). cookies are browser specific.

Read more: How does Facebook (on PC) know Kindle activity?