Monday, February 17, 2014

How should I price my book? And how would I go about publishing?

I'm intending on publishing my story, Icarus, once it is completed. It is still very much in its early stages but once it's done, I really want to publish.
If I were to price it at £3.99 through Amazon Kindle, I'd get 60% of the price. Of this, I'd intend to give about 10% (24p) to a cancer research in memory of my grandfather. Is £3.99 a reasonable price? A friend suggested maybe £4.99, but I don't know if anyone would buy it at that price. Are there any other ways of publishing online that would give me more than 60% of the price?
I would also be interested in publishing a paperback version, and I'm really not sure how to go about that. If it costs a lot of money I wouldn't be able to do it: I'm not overly wealthy and I don't know how well the book would sell. Would it be a good idea to publish online, see how that goes, and use profits from online sales to fund paperback versions, or should I just stick to an online market?
I know I've asked a lot of questions, and I'd really appreciate any feedback!
The story can be found here (http://www.wattpad.com/story/12577945-icarus) and I'd appreciate feedback through Wattpad or here. The story is nothing special, and is more for fundraising, as I know I'm not Edgar Allen Poe!
Thank you!
Added (1). The book is words only. I'm yet to decide how long it will continue on for: so far it has 8 chapters with around 1000 words per chapter, and I am planning on continuing for at least 10 more chapters.

Читать далее: How should I price my book? And how would I go about publishing?