Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Does Amazon charge higher prices on some items to its Amazon Prime customers?

Earlier today, I sent the following email to Amazon Customer Service:

I've been a happy Amazon customer for the last few years, and I was recently considering switching to Amazon Prime. I'm not interested in the video streaming or the Kindle library. I'm just interested in the free 2-day shipping. However, I read that Amazon charges higher prices on some items to Prime customers! I've heard this from multiple sources. Is this really true? I'd like to think that Amazon wouldn't engage in such a sleazy practice. At very least, Amazon should inform customers of this practice!

I got a quick response from Amazon which didn't answer my question in the slightest. It just summarized the benefits and cost of Amazon Prime membership. I clicked something to tell Amazon that I'm dissatisfied with the response, and I want to talk to a representative. I provided my phone number in the space provided, and the representative called me immediately. She assured me that Amazon does not charge different prices for Prime customers. Maybe Amazon discontinued the practice, or maybe the representative was incorrect. Does anyone know?

Читать далее: Does Amazon charge higher prices on some items to its Amazon Prime customers?