Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why Has My Internet Been So Slow?

I use Blue Ridge G-15 and I'm supposed to get 15Mbs Download and 2Mbs Upload.

For the past couple months my internet has been absolute ***. I don't know what's wrong but it'll have times where it'll be anywhere from mediocre to good and there'll be times where it'll be slow as hell.

It really comes out when I try to load a Youtube video. I remember a few months ago I could load a Youtube video at max quality faster than I could watch it. Now I have to wait awhile and sometimes it auto-sets the quality to minimum and still doesn't make progress (Which tells me my connection to the server is being completely severed.)

The thing is, I'm not losing my internet connection, it just gets really slow like something's throttling the living hell out of it.

I just ran a test on speedtest.net and it read:

Ping: 30ms
Download Speed: 1.46Mbs
Upload Speed: 0.69Mbs

I want either a fix for this problem or a program to detect something that might be eating up all my bandwidth.

I don't have any kind of wi-fi, my internet is not wireless, nobody can get on here and slow it down as if it were a public network, it's just my computer.My mom's Kindle is connected via wireless router but this problem was here before we even got the router and the router has had zero effect on it.

Help would be appreciated.

См. статью: Why Has My Internet Been So Slow?