Friday, August 23, 2013

My horrible memories are coming back?

The Mumbai gang-rape of a 22-year old photo journalist has by far been one of the worst cases I have come across. I was molested last month myself. The trauma of that event is still fresh in my head.My perpetrator pinched my right breast with all the strength his ugly hands could weasel and threatened me that he would call his friends, villagers, and the police and gang-rape me. But I managed to get out of there alive and in one piece. And when I read about this incident, it kindled those horrible memories in my head. What is our pretentious Indian society of patriarchy heading towards? Why have our men turned into demons? Why do we hate our women? Why can't we breathe in peace? At this moment, I can fully relate to that poor girl. I wish I could just hold her hand and comfort her, and probably seek some comfort for myself too. I feel like crying.

См. статью: My horrible memories are coming back?