Sunday, July 28, 2013

Finding it hard to read after a long break from reading?

Hi, I've recently started reading the Game of Thrones series (not far in so please no one post spoilers!) on Kindle, and I'm finding it hard to read them.My eyes seem to skip words and not always go to the right line. However, in all honesty I haven't read for my own enjoyment/generally read a lot over the past couple of years. I've just finished my A-levels and I've been doing subjects that haven't required me to read a lot. I suppose that it's been 2 years or so since I really read books for pleasure. I was wondering whether people think that I'm just out of practice at reading, and that if I just persevere I'll get back into the habit. I used to be a very good reader (really not meaning to boast, but in the reading tests at school I used to score a reading age of 16+ from about the age of 11 I think, I'm now 18). I do also understand, however, that I might still need to get used to Martin's style and it may be different reading on a Kindle. What do people think?

Thanks :)

См. статью: Finding it hard to read after a long break from reading?