Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The honeymoon phase is over, what happens now?

My partner and I have been together for a year and a half, and the honeymoon phase has been over for quite a few months now.It scares me, because I don't know if it is normal and right. The environment I came from wasn't a good one in terms of seeing this because to start with I am young still. (I am 18 and he is 19).My friends at this point are still finding new boyfriends like they change their panties, and my own family was never a prime example for what the "perfect" relationship looks like either.My mother has been married multiple times (Dad wasn't in the picture much). Every time the honeymoon phase ended for her, so did the marriage.My grandparents have also been fighting daily like cats and dogs since I was a young child too.My partner on the other hand came from a family where his parents have been married for almost 30 years and going strong, so he is unconcerned by this.

The love has definitely not faded, he is my heart and I am his world. I see him for who he really is and I still love him. His flaws make him perfect to me.By no means do we agree on every issue, but we both enjoy communicating our thoughts and feelings with one another. I don't feel this is like some typical high school relationship, because of how we act and respond to each other. Its the subtle displays of affection that mean most-- holding each other close, lying at opposite ends of the bed and just quietly enjoying each others' company, soft kisses periodically throughout the day. Of course we get intimate with one another, but not every time we see each other (we live 40 minutes apart sadly :( but the distance doesn't impact our relationship that badly)

What happens now? Is it bad the feelings left? How can they be re-kindled?

См. статью: The honeymoon phase is over, what happens now?