Friday, May 24, 2013

Has a stepchild (ex-lovers' child) ever ruined your relationship?

I am wondering if kids actually do the parent trap game and try to scare potential mates away or if that is just tv? My soon-to-be step son does some weird things that I thought were just odd but a friend said he is trying to break us up.

His parents have been divorced for over 6 years and we are engaged to be married. He's been living with us all school year and I have been very supportive of him.

I am a really good AND CLEAN cook and baker (My sister and I used to own a catering business) but he refuses to eat when I cook. His dad will go out and buy him a burger every night and get in a mood with me because he 'had' to go out. He's here full time so skipping dinner every night except when we order in seems kinda sketchy.

Also, he never asks me anything. If there is something he wants, he asks his dad.even if it belongs to me. I won't tell him no but he doesn't even ask me, how weird is that? There are other things too that I can't get into.

I don't blame his son because kids will try to get away with everything and it is the parents responsibility to guide them.

So because his dad never corrects his behavior, I feel like this is how it will be forever and I might not be able to deal with a marriage like that. I'm so close to calling it off but I don't want to just throw in the towel.

So I bought myself a Kindle when I got my paycheck yesterday and he starts crying and pouting telling his dad that he didn't love him because he bought me a Kindle and didn't buy him the game he wanted, and his dad just said ' i do love you', so I was waiting on him to say 'no son I didn't buy that for her (he never buys me anything because this is how his son reacts) but he didn't say anything.

So my girlfriend was there and she got fed up and said 'I thought you bought that yourself'. I said 'I did'. His tears dried up quickly.

So my friend says 'that little kid is trying to break you up'. I never thought of it like that before, so now I want a second opinion, do you think so?

Has a kid ever broken you and an ex up or come between you two?

См. статью: Has a stepchild (ex-lovers' child) ever ruined your relationship?